About Us

Established in 1924 in the East End of the city, Aberdeen Lads Club is set to celebrate its centenary year next year.

Set up by local business people to promote the social, moral and physical wellbeing of young men, the club now offers a range of child and youth services for children and young people in Tillydrone and beyond.

The charity has undoubtedly seen many changes over the past century, including moves from its initial base at The Gallowgate to Woodside’s Western Road in 1938, and then on to its current home on Dill Road; a facility which recently benefited from significant renovation.

The organisation has also embarked on a rebranding project, which will see it embrace a new name and visual identity as it sets its sights on another successful 100 years supporting young people and children from some of Aberdeen’s most deprived areas.

But despite all these changes, Aberdeen Lad’s Club’s purpose has always remained the same: to provide safe, fun and educational spaces where children and young people feel supported, inspired and encouraged to realise their full potential, while also giving them every opportunity to create a better future for themselves and their communities.